Eating a bowl of soup for lunch and/or dinner several times a week is one of my favorite strategies for staying slim. (So much so, I wrote a best-selling eCookbook of Slimming WW friendly soup recipes!
Did you know that studies show that people who eat a broth-based soup as part of a meal, especially a chunky one, eat less at the next meal, and fewer total calories throughout the day?
Probably because broth-based vegetable soups are packed with lots of water and fiber, so you feel satisfied with relatively few calories.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans (cannellini or great northern), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
This bean and cabbage soup also works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *5
Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *0